Monday, September 6, 2010

Avail "Done Reckoning"

Originally formed in North Virginia in '87, Avail moved to Richmond in '90 and released their first album in '92. A one Captain Drunkass had this to say about the band: "Fun facts about Avail? Well, everyone thinks they are a Richmond, VA band, which, I guess it's fair to say they are. But, on a more grassroots level, they are actually from ...Reston, VA, the next town over from where I grew up. They used to play these benefit shows called "Jam For Man" when they were still very, very young. I got to see some of their very first shows at the Reston Community Center at Jam For Man, circa '88 or '89. I remember not remembering punching some dude in the face for pushing my girlfriend at one of these shows." This is the first song from Front Porch Stories


No comments:

Post a Comment